In this episode, I share tips on how to save money on your vegan grocery bill.
- Shop at your regular grocery store for essentials like spinach, potatoes, etc and only shop health food stores for harder to find items like nutritional yeast, meat alternatives, etc.
- Get your butt in the kitchen and cook
- Plan for leftovers -- I usually plan 4-5 dinners each week then stretch those out to save money and time
- Just because you're eating vegan, it doesn't mean everything has to be organic --- buy what you can afford. Check out the Environmental Working Group's list of produce that are sprayed with pesticides the most. Just get started and make adjustments as you move forward.
- Keep it simple. There's no need to be a gourmet chef every night. Simple meals like tacos, spaghetti, and stew are simple and filling. Save the elaborate meals for the weekend.
- Plan your meals
Get show notes at brownvegan.com
Sign up for Zero to Vegan at zerotovegancourse.com